Thursday, March 06, 2003

...ah Bernadette...



One of my links in today's blog made the portal go wonky and uneditable so here is the end of today's blog at the beginning:


    Bernadette Devlin has survived assassination attempts and unspeakable police abuse in the UK and US, and still she travels and rallies attention on human rights abuses. Her January 1992 speech in that cold Vassar chapel, filled with Ulster expats and maybe three other students, was part of the first speaking tour she had been allowed to do in the US in decades, or maybe ever. That day she instilled in me the lesson that armed rebellion is sometimes the only option when your oppressors know no other language.


    So, if you all notice a big dearth in Slacker Stalking in the next few weeks, you'll know that there is a cat somewhere that needs feeding and a SlackerStalker somewhere that needs bail bonds.


    Or, if I get out safely as I plan, tell my friends to send me a telegram in Slovenia when the police state has fallen.


No comments: