Wednesday, July 02, 2003

=====================================

Friday night at the Sexcapades -- a carnival of perversion for dykes and FTMs (and the stray well-behaved bio-boy):

My femme bottom friend M. and I working at the masturbation booth to our voyeurs:
“We’re sodomizing ourselves in honor of the supreme court ruling yesterday.”
We provided details of the ruling as we bounced away on the air mattress, surrounded by purple x-mas lights.

One lanky butch from out of town:
“I’ve never come standing up before, thank you.”

At the coat check line, the tired old running joke:
"Mine's the black leather jacket."

=====================================

Saturday night marching with the sex worker contingent in the dyke march:

I'm not a sex worker, but people paid to see me Friday night, so M. invited me to join her in the sexiest
contingent at the march. It felt so great to run into ex-girlfriends with my contingent of femme dykes proudly displaying our dominion over our explicit sexual dyke bodies.

Our Chants:

Sodomy, sodomy, rah rah rah!

Yaaay- hos!

Whose streets? Whores’ streets!

1-2-3-4- I’m a dyke and I’m a whore
5-6-7-8- not all working girls are straight
(or: “working girls are never straight,” as one woman commented to herself)

2-4-6-8 I get paid to masturbate

Our Signs:

A graphic of a stiletto heel wreathed by the words “San Francisco Sex Workin' Dykes Got Pride" (text in attractive big black scratchy-font print on white), with purple feathers glued to the sides of the white foamcore which was glued to a flat short wood stake. Since I work at a queer rights organization, I felt completely honest carrying this sign, because the back read:

"We’re here, we’re queer, we get paid for it."

This may have been one of the best ever protest signs, and I am a discriminating customer in the
activist signage department. Read my blog on signage here - written during the anti-war protests in the spring.

Some of Our Stickers:

(We gave these out freely. Black text on bright neon sticker paper.)

Boobs not Bombs (--the most popular)

US Out of My Underwear! Support Sex Workers' Rights! (--and)

SFPD Out of My Underwear!

Feminists Fuck Better (--and)

Dyke Feminist Sex Workers Fuck Better

I’m not a whore but my girlfriend is (--the most popular for straight couples-- the boy would take one and then the girl would read it and say "Hey, I need one too.")

Sex worker rights = women’s rights = human rights

Dykes and sex workers UNITE: our bodies, our rights!

Support Your Local Lesbian Sex Worker: Ask me how! (--I think I gave this one to a grinning Jewelle Gomez.)

Some of Our Pins:

(These were also free to all takers.)

Dyke Whore

A cute little pin-up girl image

A cute little dominatrix image

M’s sign from the bombshells-not-bombs contingent in various peace marches:

Easy on your eyes- hard on your empire.

=====================================

No comments: