Thursday, September 05, 2002

In my search for more bad Leonard Nimoy poetry...

I have found a kindred blogger who also appreciates the danger of "crossing the beams" of Star Trek and Tolkein elements with that dancing and singing Hobbit video by our friend Spock -- that I blogged about 2 weeks ago. Sorry about adding a Ghostbusters reference to that volatile mix.


This apt observer of culture has a blog that is classified by Google as "Recreation > Humor > Bizarre > Farts" -- another obvious reason you should check out the spiffiness that is Mr. Pants.


I have so far failed to buy a copy of or find online anything worth mocking from Come Be With Me, but I have found another Nimoy video clip, of him performing his song "Highly Illogical." I also present to you The Leonard Nimoy Estrogen Brigade (LNEB). I am disappointed the page doesn't include seem to include photographs of its "18 and over" female members.



Now, to close, I'm going to join Joan Houlihan, a poetry snob, in quoting some bad U.S. American poetry from a book by Ellen Bass, a book lauded by the popular U.S. Poet Laureate Billy Collins.



"They pulled you from me like a cork

and all the love flowed out. I adored you

with the squandering passion of spring

that shoots green from every pore. "



Human parasite extractions! Popping noises! Green lasers shooting out of every pore! It's a Sci-Fi thriller stanza! "But if this be pleasure, in what does torture lie?" moans Ms. Houlihan. The article (and poem) in its entirety is linked at The Arts & Letters Daily but can also be read in its original context in her column "The Boston Comment" at Del Sol - "locus of the new literary art."

No comments: